Change is an inevitable part of life. Whether we actively seek it or actively avoid it, like death and taxes it will happen to all of us throughout life. Life by its very nature is a series of changes. The biological process of growing, living and aging is a constant process of small changes happening to us every day. And yet, despite the inevitability of change it is something that many of us fear. Billions of dollars are invested in anti – aging potions, lotions and other tricks. And many businesses invest enormous amounts of time and resources in predicting, managing and avoiding change or at least minimising its impact. This is not surprising really. Humans are psychologically wired to resist change – a biological response to ensure survival, in short, a hangover from caveman days.
But here’s the thing. We’re not cavemen (or women) anymore. And while we cannot do anything to stop change, we can do much to not just take control of the changes in our life, but create the change we want to see. That is, create change that is amazing, that impacts not just our lives but the lives of those around us. How do we do this? It’s quite simple really.
You need to first want the change. Then take responsibility for what you currently have and move on. There is no point trying to change what is passed.
Get rid of those negative emotions and limiting beliefs. You have to believe in you so we move out some of those limiting beliefs. Make a plan and take action!
Determine your values and beliefs then you will know what motivates you!
Take action- it’s up to you focus on what you want. What we will do is support you to get there to hold state to create the plan and to learn from every step. No regrets only feedback!
- Recognise and define the change you want. This is about acknowledging what change is required to help you achieve your goals – be it in your personal or professional life.
- Lessons Learnt. What strategy do you need to make this change? Increase your knowledge and take instruction. There is only feedback.
- Create a plan. Set realistic goals how will you know you have achieved it what is the last step that has to happen so you know you have it.
- Yoda says “Do or do not, there is no try”. Go on and just do it. Not tomorrow, not on Thursday. RIGHT.NOW.
- Review. Assess your progress periodically to make sure you’re on track.
- Stay focussed.
That’s about it. See, I told you it was simple. But if it’s sounds daunting, we can help. It’s up to you.
What amazing change would you like to see in your life?